Twitter has this massive users base with people always engaging with content, sharing likes, and retweeting the tweets that they really enjoy.
But due to being social media, sometimes you get spam messages about the content you shared or liked on the platform.
In that case, there are solutions that are provided by Twitter, features like enabling private account, by using this you can get rid of many problems like hiding the tweets, which will also restrict the spamming. So below are steps you can follow to hide the likes on Twitter.
Hide Likes On Twitter Desktop
- Go to Twitter.com and login with your creditionals.
- Click on “More” then Select the “Setting and privacy” option.
- Click on “Privacy and safety”.
- Now Under “Your Twitter activity” and select the “Audience and tagging” option.
- Check the box “Protect your Tweets” option.
- As you enable this feature, the protect on the account will start montering everything, if someone wants to follows you will receive request to approve or deny it.
- Note: Those account that follow you before you made your account detected, will still be able to interact with your tweets and see your likes unless you block them completely.
Your followers will not be able to use the Retweet feature to retweet the comment. Also, third-party search engines will not be able to index your tweets.
How To Use Mute Keyword In Twitter App
There is a feature available in the Twitter app which is called Mute Keyword. This feature can easily use filter out certain types of tweets in the timeline. Follow the methods to enable or implement the following method.
- Go to the Twitter app on your smartphone.
- Click on your profile picture located on the home page.
- Scroll down and select “Settings and privacy“.
- Select “Notifications” option in the menu.
- Click on “Muted Words“.
- Tap on Plus icon and Add muted word.
- There are several word and phrase you can insert in the section to filter out the suggested tweets.
- Now here are some examples of phrases you can add..
Remove Previous Likes Tweets From Your Profile
In this method, you can “Unlike” or “Unfavorite” a tweet on the profile that you don’t want your followers to see that at some point you liked it.
- Open the Twitter app.
- Navigate to the profile page.
- Now select the “like” section to open the likes of your profile over the time.
- Just hit the heart button for whichever tweet to unlike.
If I favorite a tweet on Twitter, will it show to my followers?
Yes, if you favorite a tweet, the platform will show that to your follower or non-followers.
However, you can follow the above method to make your tweet protected which will hide your tweet from non-followers.
You can always mark messages as your favorite, which will allow other users to see you are liked the tweet. You want to hide, you can follow the below ways.
1. Login into your account.
2. Go to your “profile” tab and select “favorite” from the profile.
3. Now hover over the tweet with the cursor that you wish to hide.
4. Tap on the “favorite” option which will remove the Tweet from the favorite list.