Google calendar is a popular tool for tracking day-to-day events. Almost every android user has used it to track events & also familiar with the feature like reminders, repeat events, etc.
One of the most daunting tasks is the analysis of the events in Google calendar, most users face this problem when they want to know about their schedule routine in a presentable task.
So this problem can be solved by exporting or summarizing calendar data into an Excel sheet. And exporting the data is the right thing to do, cause google does not allow you to keep & maintain the calendar data for a long time, the calendar will remove the events and record after a certain period of time.
Now, fortunately, you can export Google Calendar data into an ICS file and also can do this for multiple calendars in your Google account. However, is ICS file is not compatible with the excel file format, So first we have to download the ICS file from the calendar and convert that file into a CSV file, follow the below steps to successfully import and export the file from Google calendar.
#1. Export Google Calendar File
- Open Google calendar and login with Google account credential.
- Click on the Gear icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the “Setting” option from the list.
- Select “import & export” option in the left panel of the screen.
- Click on the “Export” button to export the calendar into zip file.
- Now the Zip file will downloads & extract it to have ICS file.
#2. Convert Google Calendar ICS Into Excel CSV File
- Go to free tool indigoblue.eu to convert the ICS file into CSV.
- Click on “Choose file” to select the file from computer.
- Select the format like “MM/DD/YYYY” and date&time.
- Scroll down and select the Columns you want in the excel sheet.
- Click on “Convert to CSV” file.
- Now CSV file will start downloading.
#3. Import the CSV File into Excel
- Open Google search and type “Excel“.
- Open the office.live excel option and login with your Microsoft account credential.
- Select the Excel app from office pack of Microsoft.
- Click on “upload and open” in the Excel dashboard.
- Now upload the CSV file from the upload window, Click to open the file.
- Excel sheet will open into new window with all the data exported from the Google calendar.
Can You link Google Calendar to Excel?
Yes, we can integrate or link Google calendar with Excel for the required purpose using tools like zapier or automate.io, although these tools are freemium tools means you can use them for free up to a certain task limits, like in zapier you can use the integration for 100 task/month.
These tools allow you to automate the process without using a single line of code, otherwise to link we have created code based on the compatibility of the two web apps.
Without these third-party tools, we can not link Calendar to excel.