If you’re wondering how to see someone’s likes on Tumbler, you aren’t the first. Tumblr has grown in the past couple of years and has become increasingly popular among social media users. They use it for fun and to interact with others. It also offers features like creating a microblog within seconds, which definitely attracts microblogging communities with several different interests.
Users on the platform hit like on several posts and blog articles and also share their opinions in the comments section. Whenever you like a post, it means that you share a similar opinion with other users.
Tumblr posts display every like from individuals openly to other users on the platform, but if the individual is using a particular theme on the blog, then it won’t display the number of posts a user liked.
If you want to see which posts users are hitting like, then you should follow the methods below.
How to See Someone’s Likes on Tumblr
Some of the blog themes can showcase the posts you recently liked in the sidebar or widget area of the blog. Now the position of the widget is completely dependent on the installed theme. Every user has a different theme on the blog, so the widget location could be in the footer header which will be visible to the public.
Due to this, the blog admin can easily control the number of posts displayed on the widget area. They do that cause this way, you can view the latest post based on likes by the users.
#. Shared List Likes
Tumblr also provides a feature where you can use your account to share a list of posts that you have liked with other users. To activate this feature you should follow below steps:
- Log in to your Tumblr account with your credentials.
- Click on the Account icon located on the right side of the screen.
- Select the “Settings” option from the list.
- Now click on your official Tumblr ID under blogs located in the right panel of the screen.
- Your blog dashboard will open, scroll down and enable the toggle button option for “Share posts you like.”
Now, if someone wants to see your list of liked posts, they can go to this link anytime they want http://www.tumblr.com/liked/by/username and just replace the “username” with your Tumblr username.
You can also do a similar thing if you want to see other user’s lists of liked posts, but they should enable the option first.
#. Individual Post
Another way to see the likes of the post is by using the notes feature that Tumblr provides under every post. In notes, you can easily see how many users have liked, replied to the post, or reposted the post by scrolling through the pop-up box window.
As you see in the screenshot above, Tumblr will denote the “liked this” notation with the individual’s username. Just click on the note text under the post and the window will display all the usernames who liked the post.
What You Should keep In Mind!
You can use all these features with only your primary blog. Tumblr does not allow you to share the liked post for your secondary blog. Plus you can always disable the sharing liked post by simply disabling the feature in the setting>blog id>”Share posts you like” option.
Now if you turned off the option, then you will see the “Request Denied” error message on the liked posts page.
How to View Old Likes on Tumblr
To see your first likes on the Tumblr platform, you have to access the Tumblr dashboard on the desktop and follow the steps below:
- Firstly, the like-sharing setting in your account dashboard should be enabled.
- Now insert the URL http://username.tumblr.com/likes just replace your id with username.
- A new window will open, listing all the likes. If you don’t see the number of likes in the upper left, click on the account icon in the upper right and note the total number of likes.
- Now divide this number by 10. If the result is not even, then round it off.
- Let say the number is 64 then take that number and create a URL like this https://www.tumblr.com/liked/by/username/page/64 where username is your account id.
- Now scroll down the page to go up to your first liked posts. You can also see the date and time of the first post by hovering over the post’s upper right corner.
Note: If some of your old posts are deleted, then they will no longer show among the list of likes, so this method will show the remaining posts.