In 2022, Everybody uses social media platforms like Facebook and messenger, where you engaged with friends and family, and if you do that regularly then you might be aware of the error message “This Person Is Unavailable On Messenger” this often shows on the messenger app for many users of the platform.
Whenever a user is unable to send a message to somebody on Messenger, this error message appears. There is, however, no precise reason why this notice will display. We’ve included a few possible causes for this problem, as well as techniques for checking them out.
The message “This Person is Unavailable on Messenger” may display in your Messenger for a variety of reasons. There are various reasons mentioned below, why a user might see this message and be unable to send a message:
#. You are blocked by the users:
When the person you’re texting has blocked you from Messenger or Facebook, it’s one of the most prevalent causes which is similar to if you have accidentally blocked the user on your side. As a result, you will be unable to send any messages and will receive the message “This Person is Unavailable on Messenger.”
#. You are messaging to Blocked or Deactivated Account:
If the person you’re sending messages to has disabled their Messenger and Facebook, you won’t be able to communicate with them. Until they reactivate their account, continuously you will see the message “This Person is Unavailable on Messenger.”
#. Facebook Blocked the Account For Policy Reasons:
Finally, if the user’s Facebook account has been terminated, you will not be able to communicate with them on Messenger.
#. Temporarily disabled Account:
The users you are sending messages to might have a temporarily blocked account by Facebook for some policy violation to a certain timestamp.
When the account is temporarily blocked the users can’t send the message or not even receive one. The user is temporarily banned and will still be on your friend list.
Now that you’re aware of the reasons why you won’t be able to message your friend, you may use the following methods to determine which of the reasons applies to you.
Fixing the “This Person Is Unavailable On Messenger” error warning?
You can try the following method to resolve the error message:
#. Checking to See If Someone Has Blocked You
The first step is to determine whether or not the user has blocked you. If the user has blocked you, you will receive a message that says “This Person is Unavailable on Messenger”. To determine whether you are blocked or not, follow the procedures below:
- To begin with, go to Facebook and use the search option to find the profile of the person you’re trying to message.
- If you’re having trouble seeing the user’s profile, try searching from a different Facebook account. You can also check by using a friend’s account.
- If the account appears on a friend’s account, it indicates the person has blocked you on Facebook and Messenger.
#. Checking to See If You Blocked That Users
If you blocked the users, they will not be able to send messages to you or they also can’t see you in their messager. In the same way, you will not be able to send messages as well.
So if you block you’ll need to unblock them from the Facebook friend list. You can do that by navigating to the blocked list and unblocking the users.
- Open Messenger and go to the chat where you see the message “This Person is Unavailable on Messenger.”
- To see different options for the chat, tap and hold on to the chat. If you don’t see the Block option, the user hasn’t been blocked.
- If you see the Unblock button in the menu, it means you’ve blocked the user and should unblock before messaging them. You can click on Unblock button to resume messaging without any problems.
#. Checking if a user’s Facebook account has been deactivated.
Another cause could be that the user’s Facebook and Messenger accounts have been deactivated or deleted. You have no means of knowing whether the account has been deleted or just disabled.
Therefore, you may double-check this by looking at various accounts listed below:
- In the Facebook app, look for the account of the person you’re trying to contact.
- If you can’t find the user, try using a friend’s account to look for them. If the account can’t be discovered using any other ID, it signifies the user’s account has been deactivated or banned from Facebook.
- We can also make sure by checking the account with several different IDs. Try checking from any of their friends or friends of friends’ accounts.
- Only friends or friends of friends will be able to see the account if it is hidden from public search.
#. Try Using Facebook Lite
When you use Facebook lite, this app will have no issue with the messenger app, cause this app works as the website not in form of an app.
Since it is a Facebook lite app, you can not have all functions of the messenger feature like video calls, if you want to use it, download it from the play store. However it is not available for Apple users yet, but they can use some alternatives.
This person is unavailable on Messenger Error shows but the user is not blocked
If the message appears on the Facebook messenger but you are completely sure that person is blocked and still is on your friend’s list, you can try reinstalling the messenger app or try logging in or out.
If both ways don’t work then there may be some Facebook messenger bug that Facebook will fix itself eventually or you can report the issue to the Facebook help center.
This person is unavailable on Messenger error shows but can see the profile picture of the user
When you try to block or you want to block someone Facebook provide you with two option either block the person only on the messenger or block them on the whole Facebook platform.
When you can see their profile picture its means they blocked you just on messenger, not on the whole Facebook planform, and that’s why you can see the profile picture.