Are you a subscriber and wondering how to record on Youtube TV?
You’ve come to the right place. Recording on YouTube TV is a simple and easy process that allows you to never miss an episode of your favorite shows.
YouTube TV’s DVR feature allows you to record live TV, movies and shows and watch them later at your convenience.
You can record unlimited content and keep it for up to nine months.
The best part is that you can record without worrying about running out of space or deleting your favorite shows to make room for new ones.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the step-by-step process of recording on YouTube TV.
Whether you’re using the app or the website, we’ll show you how to record shows, watch them later, and delete them if you no longer need them.
So, let’s get started and learn how to record on YouTube TV.
How Do You Record On YouTube TV
If you want to record your favorite shows and movies on YouTube TV, you’re in luck.
The service comes with a built-in DVR that lets you record live TV, schedule future recordings, and manage your recordings.
Here’s how to get started.
How To Start A Recording
Starting a recording on YouTube TV is easy. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the YouTube TV app or website and navigate to the show or movie you want to record.
- Click on the “+” icon next to the title to add it to your library.
- Once the show or movie has been added to your library, it will be recorded automatically when it airs.
You can also record an entire series by adding it to your library.
This will ensure that every episode is recorded and saved for future viewing.
Managing Your Recordings
Once you’ve started recording shows and movies on YouTube TV, you may want to manage your recordings.
Here are some things you can do:
- Delete Recordings.
- If you no longer want to keep a recording, you can delete it from your library.
- Simply select the recording and click on the “Remove” button.
- Manage Recording Settings.
- You can customize your recording settings to ensure that you have enough space for your recordings.
- Go to “Settings” and then “Live Guide” to adjust your recording preferences.
- Watch Recordings.
- To watch your recordings, go to “Library” and select the show or movie you want to watch.
- You can also filter your recordings by category, such as movies, sports, or news.
With these simple steps, you can start recording your favorite shows and movies on YouTube TV and manage your recordings with ease.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
If you are experiencing issues with recording on YouTube TV, there are a few common issues that you may encounter.
In this section, we will cover some of the most common issues and how to troubleshoot them.
Recording Not Available
If you are unable to record a program on YouTube TV, there are a few things that you can do to troubleshoot the issue.
First, make sure that the program is available for recording.
Some programs may not be available for recording due to licensing restrictions.
If the program is available for recording, try restarting the YouTube TV app or your device.
This can often resolve issues with recording. If the issue persists, try clearing the cache and data for the YouTube TV app.
Insufficient Storage Space
If you are running out of storage space on YouTube TV, you may not be able to record new programs.
To free up space, you can delete old recordings that you no longer need.
You can also adjust your recording settings to record at a lower quality, which will take up less space.
To adjust your recording settings, go to Settings > Live guide > Recording options.
Here, you can select the recording quality that you prefer.
Keep in mind that lower-quality recordings will take up less space but may not look as good.
If you are still running out of space, you may need to upgrade your storage plan.
YouTube TV offers a cloud DVR with varying storage options, so you can choose the plan that best fits your needs.
By following these troubleshooting tips, you can resolve common issues with recording on YouTube TV and enjoy your favorite programs without interruptions.
Now that you know how to record on YouTube TV, here are a few key takeaways to keep in mind:
- The DVR feature of YouTube TV allows you to record and store any show, movie, news report, or sports while it is played to get access (watch or rewatch it) later on or on the go.
- You can add as many programs as you want to your personal library on YouTube TV and watch them whenever you want.
- YouTube TV allows up to 6 accounts per household to make live movies and shows accessible to all family members.
- You can record shows on YouTube TV using any web browser by going to tv.youtube.com.
- You can also download the app on your smartphone from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, or add the app to your streaming device or smart TV.
- To record a show, simply find the show you want to record and click Add.
- It will appear in your DVR library, filling up with new episodes as they air.
- You can watch your DVR recordings offline, which is great for when you’re on the go and don’t have an internet connection.
- If you no longer want to keep a recording, you can easily delete it from your library.
- Keep in mind that recordings are only available for a limited time, so be sure to watch them before they expire.
By following these tips, you can make the most of YouTube TV’s DVR feature and never miss a show again.