If you’re a Google Nest owner, does Google Nest work with Alexa.
The good news is that you can! With the Google Nest skill for Amazon Alexa, you can link your Nest devices to Alexa home control and enjoy the benefits of both systems.
Not all Google Nest devices are compatible with Alexa, but many are.
You can link compatible Nest devices with Alexa by enabling their associated Alexa skill in the Alexa app.
Once you’ve done that, you can use voice commands to control your Nest thermostat, cameras, and doorbells with Alexa.
By connecting your Google Nest devices to Alexa, you can make your smart home even smarter.
You’ll be able to control your devices with voice commands and enjoy the convenience of both systems working together.
Keep reading to learn more about how to connect your Nest devices to Alexa and what you can do with them.
Does Google Nest Work With Alexa?
If you have Google Nest products and want to control them with Alexa, the good news is that it is possible.
However, there are some limitations to the functionality, and you need to set it up properly.
Setting Up Google Nest With Alexa
To use Alexa with your Google Nest products, you need to set up the Google Nest skill for Alexa.
You can do this by following these steps:
- Open the Alexa app on your device.
- Tap on the menu icon in the top left corner.
- Select “Skills & Games” from the menu.
- Search for “Google Nest” in the search bar.
- Tap on the “Google Nest” skill.
- Tap on “Enable to Use.”
- Sign in to your Google Nest account.
- Follow the instructions to link your Google Nest account to Alexa.
Once you have completed these steps, you should be able to control your Google Nest products with Alexa.
While you can control some Google Nest products with Alexa, there are some limitations to the functionality.
For example, you can only control Nest cameras, doorbells, and thermostats with the Google Nest skill for Alexa.
Additionally, some features may not be available when using Alexa with Google Nest products.
For example, you may not be able to view live video feeds from your Nest cameras on an Alexa device.
Overall, while there are some limitations to the functionality, it is possible to use Alexa with Google Nest products.
By setting up the Google Nest skill for Alexa, you can control your Nest cameras, doorbells, and thermostats with Alexa.
Alternatives To Using Google Nest With Alexa
If you’re looking for alternatives to using Google Nest with Alexa, you have a few options.
Here are two popular alternatives:
One alternative is to use Google Assistant instead of Alexa. Google Assistant is Google’s voice assistant, and it can control your Google Nest devices.
To use Google Assistant, you’ll need to have a device that supports it, such as a Google Home or a smartphone with the Google Assistant app.
Once you have a device that supports Google Assistant, you can use it to control your Google Nest devices.
You can say things like “Hey Google, turn up the thermostat” or “Hey Google, turn off the lights.”
Amazon Echo Devices
Another alternative is to use Amazon Echo devices instead of Google Nest devices.
Amazon Echo devices are Amazon’s line of smart speakers, and they can control a variety of smart home devices, including many that are compatible with Google Nest.
To use Amazon Echo devices with your smart home devices, you’ll need to enable the appropriate skills.
For example, if you have a Nest thermostat, you’ll need to enable the Nest skill in the Alexa app.
Once you have the appropriate skills enabled, you can use your Amazon Echo device to control your smart home devices.
You can say things like “Alexa, turn on the living room lights” or “Alexa, set the temperature to 72 degrees.”
If you’re wondering whether Google Nest works with Alexa, the answer is yes.
- Google offers a Smart Home skill that allows you to connect your Nest devices to Amazon’s Alexa home control. However, there are some limitations to this integration.
- Firstly, not all Nest devices are compatible with Alexa.
- The Nest Thermostat, Nest Hello Doorbell, Nest Cam Indoor, and Nest Cam Outdoor are among the devices that work with Alexa.
- On the other hand, the Nest Protect smoke detector and Nest Cam IQ are not compatible.
- To use your Nest devices with Alexa, you need to enable the Google Nest skill for Alexa.
- You can do this by linking your Nest account to your Amazon account.
- After September 29, 2023, Google will no longer support the legacy Nest skills for Alexa.
- Therefore, you need to migrate your Nest account to Google and activate the new Google Nest Skill for Alexa to continue controlling Nest devices through Alexa.
- If you’re currently using the legacy Nest skills for Alexa, you need to remove your Nest devices from the Alexa app and manually re-add them after you’ve activated the new Google Nest skill.
- Once you’ve done this, you can use Alexa to control your Nest devices by voice commands or through the Alexa app.
In conclusion, if you have Nest devices and want to use them with Alexa, you can do so by enabling the Google Nest skill for Alexa.
However, you need to make sure that your Nest devices are compatible with Alexa and that you activate the new Google Nest skill before September 29, 2023, to continue using Alexa to control your Nest devices.