Knowing how to unsubscribe YouTube channel is a simple process that can be done in a few clicks.
In this article, we’ll show you how to unsubscribe from a YouTube channel on desktop and mobile devices.
On desktop, you can unsubscribe from a YouTube channel through the Subscriptions page or the channel’s homepage.
If you’re using a mobile device, you can unsubscribe from a YouTube channel through the YouTube app or mobile web browser.
Regardless of the device you’re using, the process is quick and easy to follow.
We’ll also cover how to manage your YouTube subscriptions, including how to block comments and individual channels.
Whether you’re looking to declutter your YouTube homepage or just want to take a break from a particular channel, we’ve got you covered. Let’s get started!
How To Unsubscribe YouTube Channel
If you’re tired of seeing videos from a particular YouTube channel, or you’re no longer interested in the content they post, you can unsubscribe from them.
Here’s how to do it:
Navigating to Your Subscriptions List
First, you need to navigate to your subscriptions list.
To do this, click on the three horizontal lines in the top-left corner of the YouTube homepage.
Then, click on “Subscriptions” in the menu that appears.
If you’re not already signed in to YouTube, you’ll need to do so now. Click on the “Sign In” button in the top-right corner of the page and enter your Google account information.
Profile and Subscriptions
Once you’re signed in, click on your profile picture in the top-right corner of the page.
Then, click on “Your channel” in the menu that appears.
Next, click on the “Subscriptions” tab to see a list of all the channels you’re subscribed to.
Locate the Channel
Scroll through your subscriptions list until you find the channel you want to unsubscribe from.
You can also use the search bar at the top of the page to search for the channel by name.
Once you’ve located the channel, click on the “Subscribed” button next to their name.
This will bring up a menu with several options. Click on “Unsubscribe” to unsubscribe from the channel.
That’s it! You’ve successfully unsubscribed from a YouTube channel. Remember, you can always resubscribe to a channel in the future if you change your mind.
Managing Subscription Notifications
When you subscribe to a YouTube channel, you will receive notifications about new videos and updates from that channel.
However, if you find that you are receiving too many notifications or no longer interested in the content, you may want to manage your subscription notifications.
To manage your subscription notifications, follow these steps:
- Go to the YouTube app and click on the “Subscriptions” tab in the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap “All” in the top right corner beside the “Channels” card to view your subscription list.
- Find the channel you want to manage and tap on the three dots next to their name.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Notifications.”
- From here, you can choose to turn on or off notifications for new videos, live streams, and community posts from that channel.
- You can also choose to receive notifications as a “Scheduled digest” if you prefer to receive all your notifications as a daily digest.
- If you want to turn off all notifications from a channel, you can click “Turn off all from ” at the bottom of the screen.
By managing your subscription notifications, you can stay up to date with the channels you care about without being overwhelmed by notifications.
Troubleshooting Unsubscription Issues
Unsubscribing from a YouTube channel is usually a straightforward process.
However, there may be times when you encounter issues while trying to unsubscribe.
Here are some common issues that you may face and how to troubleshoot them:
Issue 1: Unable to find the unsubscribe button
Sometimes, you may not be able to locate the unsubscribe button on the channel’s page.
This usually happens when the channel owner has hidden the button.
In such cases, you can try the following:
- Click on the three dots next to the channel’s name and select “Unsubscribe” from the drop-down menu.
- Go to your subscriptions page and click on the “Subscribed” button next to the channel’s name.
- This should reveal the “Unsubscribe” button.
Issue 2: Unsubscribe button not working
If you click on the “Unsubscribe” button and nothing happens, it could be due to a browser issue.
Here’s what you can do:
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies and try again.
- Try using a different browser to see if the issue persists.
Issue 3: Still receiving notifications from the channel
If you’re still receiving notifications from a channel even after unsubscribing, it could be due to the following reasons:
- You may have enabled notifications for the channel.
- To turn them off, go to the channel’s page and click on the bell icon next to the “Subscribed” button.
- You may have subscribed to the channel using multiple accounts.
- Check to see if you’re logged in to the correct account and unsubscribe again.
By following these troubleshooting tips, you should be able to unsubscribe from any YouTube channel without any issues.
Unsubscribing from a YouTube channel is a simple process that can be done on both desktop and mobile devices.
Here are the key takeaways from this article:
- To unsubscribe from a YouTube channel on desktop, go to the channel page and click the “Subscribed” button.
- Then, click “Unsubscribe” from the drop-down menu.
- To unsubscribe from a YouTube channel on mobile, go to your subscriptions tab, find the channel you want to unsubscribe from, and tap the three dots next to it.
- Then, tap “Unsubscribe” to confirm.
- If you had notifications enabled for a channel you’ve unsubscribed from, you will no longer receive notifications from that channel.
- Unsubscribing from a YouTube channel is a great way to declutter your subscriptions and only see content that you’re truly interested in.
- If you change your mind and want to resubscribe to a channel, simply go to the channel page and click the “Subscribe” button.
By following these simple steps, you can easily unsubscribe from any YouTube channel that you no longer want to see in your subscriptions.
Keep your subscription list clean and organized to ensure that you’re only seeing the content that you’re truly interested in.