If you use a Chromebook and wish to browse privately, you should know how to go incognito on Chromebook. Sometimes, there may be a need for you to browse websites privately. In such situations, if you know how to use the incognito mode of your Chrome browser, it may be handy.
It is elementary to go incognito on a Chromebook, Android device, or any other computer where you use Google Chrome to browse the internet. All you need to do is click on the three black dots on the top right side of the screen and choose New Incognito Window. Once you are done browsing privately, you can close the window, and the incognito mode will be disabled.
What Is A Chromebook?
A Chromebook is a new category of a computer that is made to help you complete your tasks easier and faster. These types of computers use the Chrome OS, which comes with cloud storage and multiple layers of top-level security. It is one of the best computers made by Google.
Benefits Of Going Incognito
Unlike common beliefs, using the incognito mode of the Google Chrome browser can benefit you in several ways.
- Unlike the common practice, using the incognito mode will not allow Chrome to save your browsing history, site data, and cookies.
- Although Chrome does not save your browsing history, it will still have your bookmarks and downloads.
However, it would help if you remembered that going incognito will not hide your online activities from your internet service provider, employer, or website.
How To Go Incognito On Chromebook?
You must carry out some straightforward steps if you want to go incognito on your Chromebook.
- Open Google Chrome on your Chromebook.
- You will find three black dots at the top of the screen on the right-hand side. Click on the three dots.
- You will get a drop-down menu with several options. New Incognito Window will be the third option.
- You need to select it, and a window will open on your computer with a black background. It will also have the image of a face with spectacles and a detective hat. This is the Incognito version of Google Chrome.
After your work is done in the incognito mode, you can easily disable it by closing the incognito window or clicking on the “X” on the window.
Sometimes you may have to browse the internet privately. There may be several reasons behind it. Whatever be the cause, browsing different websites privately is possible with the Google Chrome incognito mode. It secretly takes you to the websites you want to browse without letting Chrome store the URLs of the visited websites.
However, you cannot hide your online activities from your internet service provider, the websites you visit, and your employer. The incognito mode is not just available on Google Chromebooks.
You can use the feature on any device with Google Chrome. Deactivating the incognito mode is also a piece of cake. Just close the incognito window, and the option will be disabled automatically.