Are you keen to learn how to view a LinkedIn profile as someone else? Specifically, in the way that other people see your profile when they visit it?
Learning how to view your profile from someone else’s perspective is easier than you might think. In fact, LinkedIn provides an easy one-click setting for this particular action. You’ll find this option in a drop-down menu by selecting “Me” when logged in. You could also use the “Incognito Mode” function in your browser to view your LinkedIn Profile as someone else.
This is useful if you’re running a campaign using LinkedIn automation tools, where you’ll get thousands of eyes on your profile.
We’ll cover all the in-depth details about how to see your profile from another person’s perspective below.
How to View a LinkedIn Profile As Someone Else
To view a LinkedIn profile as someone else, you will need to follow the steps:
Method 1: Using the LinkedIn Setting
- Open your web browser and login into your LinkedIn account with the applicable login option.
- At the top-right corner of the LinkedIn web app, click on the “Me” profile button, and a drop-down menu will open.
- Click on the “Settings and Privacy” option in the drop-down menu.
- In the Settings option, click on “Visibility”, then the “Edit Your Public Profile” option.
- Click on the “Change” button, as seen in the screenshot, and a new window will open. It will show a preview of how someone else sees your profile.
Note: If you do not want to follow the above steps, you can go directly to a preview of your profile by clicking on this URL: https://www.linkedin.com/public-profile/settings
Method 2: Visiting Your Profile URL in Incognito Mode
Another way is simply to take your profile URL (https://www.linkedin.com/in/PROFILENAME) and open it in incognito mode in your browser.
When browsing in incognito mode, your profile will open without having to log in. And the view will be the perspective of someone else looking at your profile.
To get your profile URL, follow these steps:
- Open LinkedIn and log in to the profile in normal mode.
- Click on the profile icon on the left side of the screen.
- Copy the URL from the URL Tab or click on the “Contact Info” option and then copy the profile URL.
- Open the URL in incognito mode.
Before this, there was a way to view a LinkedIn profile as someone else by previewing the specific person. Unfortunately, this option is no longer available through LinkedIn.
Method 3: Using Linkedin In Incognito Mode
An alternative method when learning how to view a LinkedIn profile as someone else is to use LinkedIn in Incognito Mode.
- Open LinkedIn directly in incognito mode with login.
- Scroll down, and you will see the Headline “Connect with people who can help” and the “Find People you Know” option.
- Type your profile name in the “First Name” or “Last Name” fields.
- Once you enter the details and hit enter, the search results will appear.
- Click on the Profile, and it will open in the preview window.
You may also simply go to google.com and type “YourFirstName YourLastName” and hit enter. Your profile will appear in one of the search results, and when you click on it, it will open up.
General Settings for Privacy and Visibility
You have the option to change your profile’s privacy and visibility settings by following these steps:
#. Change Your Profile Visibility
You can alter who can read your LinkedIn profile on this page. You can, for example, choose whether or not you want people to be able to find your LinkedIn account through a Google search.
You can also choose how much information you want to share with the public. Unless you have a specific reason not to, we recommend making all your information public.
It’s easier for people to contact you if the information about you, your firm, your activities, and so on is readily available.
Public Profile badge: A Public Profile badge can be generated and added to your website, virtual CV, or business. To do so, simply click the “Create a badge” button and follow the on-screen instructions.
#. Control the Visibility of Your LinkedIn Activity
In the below screenshot, you have the settings to control the information you share with your network on LinkedIn.
All the above settings are available to control the visibility of your activity.
With the above information, you’ll have the ability to safely view your LinkedIn profile from the perspective of others. Remember to maintain your security and privacy, and the privacy of others, at all times. These are 3 of the best methods to employ when exploring how to view a LinkedIn profile as someone else.