Are you trying to figure out how to move a table in Google Docs? Tables are a staple when it comes to producing rich and informative content. Integrating tables becomes necessary for the audience to better digest the content. But, what if one wishes to change the table’s position? Thankfully, Google Docs lets you move a table with such ease.
Simply open your document in Google Docs. Place your cursor over the table that you want to move. Select the table and drag the table to the desired location and then free the mouse button. Besides, moving a table can also be done via the cut and paste feature, which we’ll discuss later in the article.
This article talks about why you might want to move a table in Google Docs, what you should know about playing with it, and how to finally move a table.
Reasons To Move A Table In Google Docs
Before we move on to the tutorial, let’s first discuss why you might want to move a table in Google Docs.
The first reason is when you want to avoid breaking up the flow of your text. For instance, if you have a long paragraph of text and then a table, you may want to move the table so that it doesn’t interrupt the flow of your text.
You might add or move a table for aesthetic reasons. For example, you may want to center the table on the page or move it closer to another element on the page.
Regardless of where you want to place the table, Google Docs has made it easy.
What You Should Know About Moving A Table In Google Docs
Before adjusting a table, you should be of the following things.
- First, moving a table will take up the equivalent area as it did in its original location. So, if you want to make the table smaller or larger, you’ll need to do that before moving it.
- Second, when you move a table, the text around it will adjust to make room for the table. So, if you have a lot of text on the page, it may be pushed down. Or it could be shoved to the side when you move the table.
- Finally, when you move a table, any images or objects near the table in its original location will also be moved. So, if you don’t want those objects to be moved, you’ll need to move them before moving the table.
How To Move A Table An Google Docs
The first method to move a table in Google Docs is by dragging and dropping it to the desired location.
- Open the Google Docs, sign in, and the document where you want to amend with the table.
- First, hover your mouse over the table you want to move.
- Next, click and drag the table to its desired location.
- Lastly, release the mouse button to place the table in position.
- That’s how simple it is!
These methods are super easy to apply and only take a few moments to wind up. So, make use of them next time you need to move a table in your document.