Do you want to know how to see old stories on Facebook even though stories are meant to be temporary? Facebook is the most entertaining social media platform worldwide. It offers exciting features like sharing stories with your audience, liking, commenting, sharing, and following. Uploading stories is one of the desired features of users, which remains for only 24 hours.
However, you may still wish to view some of your old stories. So, how can you do that? First, visit the Facebook home page. Then, press the three-dot icon to open the profile settings. Select “Archive” from the pop-up list. Select “Story Archive” after scrolling. Here you’ll see your old stories. By doing so, you can view all your previously uploaded stories on Facebook.
How To See Old Stories On Facebook
Here I will provide you with the easiest ways to see old stories on Facebook on your mobile or desktop.
Method 1: Seeing Old Stories On Desktop
If you use Facebook on the desktop, here is how to see old stories.
- First, open your Facebook home page, and visit your profile page by tapping your profile picture.
- On the profile page, by scrolling down, you’ll see the “More” button. Tap on it.
- From the list, select “Story Archive.”
- Here you will see all your stories in a newer to the older sequence.
Follow these simple steps and get your Facebook account’s old archive memories.
Method 2: Seeing Old Stories On Mobile
On a desktop, viewing old stories is quite different than on a mobile phone. You can also see your old stories on your mobiles in the archive section. Here is how.
- Open your Facebook app.
- Then, access your profile.
- Tap on three horizontal dots that will show below your profile pic. It will open your profile settings.
- Select the “Archive” from the popping list.
- Scroll further in the right direction to tap on the Story Archive tab.
Here, you will get all your old stories on Facebook that you have uploaded until now in a sequence.
Following these convenient methods, you can see old stories on Facebook. Apart from seeing your old stories, you might also want to view old stories of your friends.
You can only see your friend’s old stories when they upload them in their profile highlights feed. Whenever your friends upload old stories, they get a star icon in the bottom section. By tapping that star, they can create a story along with a highlight on their feed.
In this way, you can see Friend’s highlighted shared stories on their profiles by tapping “Story Highlights”. But if your friend didn’t share these stories on their highlight feed, it’s impossible to see their archive stories.