According to Statista, finding qualified candidates is the biggest challenge for companies when it comes to hiring developers.
The complexity of the project, the matching of the skills of the developer, and the company culture and policies affect the duration of the hiring process.
Usually, finding flutter developers for hire takes about 30 days.
But how do you hire flutter developers faster and without the loss of quality competence in your list of potential candidates? To put it briefly, you need to:
- Create a portrait of your ideal candidate and determine your priorities.
- Write a detailed job description. To post an open vacancy, use resources such as LinkedIn, freelance platforms (UpWork, Fiverr), or hiring marketplaces such as Indeed.
- Use the IT Staff Augmentation model to extend your team with flutter developers.
In this article, you will learn what to pay attention to when choosing a developer and which search channels to use to find the ideal candidate.
Read on to learn the secrets to hiring the right developers for your project.
Who Is A Flutter Developer?
Flutter is an open-source development kit for building multi-platform applications. It allows developers to create robust applications for Android and iOS devices using a single code base.
The role of the Flutter developer cannot be underestimated. Here are the reasons why you should hire Flutter developers:
- Rapid application development. Cross-platform functionality enables faster app creation and saves about 25% of the time necessary, compared to the creation of two separate native apps.
- Lower costs. Flutter is a great option to use for MVP development, as it’s a cheaper way to test your idea on both iOS and Android platforms.
- Flexible functionality. Flutter’s kit of widgets allows developers to adjust and customize the apps per all your needs and requirements.
What Skills Should You Look For When Hiring Flutter Developers?
Hard skills analysis focuses on the technical knowledge and experience of a developer. What hard skills should you evaluate when you decide to hire Flutter developers?
- Good knowledge of Git – a control system to handle the projects.
- Experience in Android and/or iOS application development.
- Expertise in Dart – a programming language that is used to code Flutter apps.
- Understanding of the Flutter framework.
Soft skills demonstrate the ability of the engineer to get along with all the people on the project. Here is a listing of the soft skills every developer should have:
- Communication skills to converse with team members, project managers, and sometimes customers.
- Responsibility to meet deadlines and perform all the tasks properly.
- Emotional intelligence to solve potential conflicts and to understand the feelings and ideas of others.
Ways To Find Flutter Developers
There are different channels when it comes to looking for qualified Flutter developers. Explore the top places to recruit professional programmers:
1. Freelance Platforms
Websites like Upwork, Fiverr, and Freelancers offer you a variety of specialists who are ready to jump on your project.
2.) Staff Augmentation Services
Such agencies provide their specialists and expertise to develop your app and/or extend an existing team.
3.) IT Conferences And Meetups
This approach allows you to make the first touch with the possible candidate and better understand if he fits this role.
At such meetings, you can also meet talents that you have been hunting for a long time and invite them to your team.
You may filter through the people with the status “Open to work”, check out their experience, and make your connection with them.
Your current employees and colleagues can recommend a candidate who they think is a good fit for your team.
Online question-and-answer communities like StackOverflow or Gitter gather around programmers, among whom you can find Flutter engineers.
7.) Hiring Marketplaces
This is the usual way to post a vacancy on such sites as Indeed or ZipRecruiter and wait for someone to answer.
You can focus your attention on one of these methods or try all of these ways to hire Flutter developers to get better results and broader exposure.
Tips On How To Hire The Best Flutter Developers
After you find relevant candidates, you need to understand how to choose the best programmer for your project. Check out the tips that will help you go through all of the next steps easily.
Prepare The Right Questions For The Interview
Correctly selected questions will save your and your candidate’s time, and will also help to make it clear whether or not you are both ready to cooperate together.
Among the questions that will test the developer for soft skills, we can highlight the following:
- What was the biggest challenge in your work? How did you cope with it?
- Imagine a situation where you can not meet the deadlines, even if you spend the whole night near your laptop. What would you do?
- How would you react if a colleague told you that everything you’ve been working on for a month is wrong and you need to redo it?
To check if their hard skills are suitable for this position you may ask questions such as:
- Please, tell more about your experience with Flutter.
- Explain the architecture of Flutter.
- And more specific questions related to Dart, like: “What differs in the handling of various functions in Flutter?”
Work On A Structured Test Task
Running a test task will help you to evaluate how your potential employee performs specific tasks. How to correctly compose and give a test task to the developer?
1.) Include Theory And Practice
Thanks to the theoretical questions, you will see whether the candidate knows how the Flutter framework works.
Completing practical tasks will show you how well the developer understands the intricacies of the platform.
Calling on your tech lead or senior developer to run an online coding interview is the most powerful way to evaluate skills.
2.) Limited Time
Conduct an online meeting with the candidate and ask him to complete a test task within a certain time. Generally, 2-3 hours is enough.
3.) Prioritize The Tasks
It is important to realize that most likely the candidate will make a mistake somewhere and will not be able to complete all the exercises. Select the critical tasks that are important for you and from which you expect the correct answers.
Think Carefully About The Onboarding Process
Inc Magazine believes that in the first 45 days, about 20% of hired employees quit. The right approach to onboarding will give you the opportunity to retain important personnel.
How to make the first days of the developer easy and interesting?
- Offer the programmer an interactive meeting with colleagues. Explain who holds what position, what experience they have, and who should he/she contact if any questions should arise.
- Provide detailed information about the company for your prospects to review. Share more about the company’s history, values, achievements, and goals for the future.
- Organize daily meetups with the employee. Ask if he understands everything, if his expectations are met, and if he feels comfortable being on the team.
By following these pieces of advice, you will be able to find a real specialist, check their expertise, and help him or her to get used to the new team.
To sum up, the process of recruiting new employees may not be as complicated as it seems if you know the best practices to hire Flutter developers.
Pay attention to their technical knowledge and soft skills, use different channels to look for a programmer, prepare for an interview, and conduct onboarding smoothly.
By following the tips outlined above, you can find and hire the best Flutter developers for your project.
How To Hire Flutter Developers?
To hire Flutter developers, you need to prepare appropriate interview questions, create supervised technical tasks, and acquaint the employees with their duties and the important details about your company.
What Makes Flutter A Start-up-friendly Technology?
Cross-platform functionality and a wide choice of free widgets make Flutter an easy-to-use platform for starting your application.
How Much Does It Cost To Build A Project On Flutter?
Flutter app development costs can start from $15,000 and may exceed $200,000.