Are you tired of losing track of important emails in your Gmail app and want to know how to mark as unread in Gmail?
In this article, we will provide step-by-step instructions on how to mark emails as unread in the Gmail app on your iPhone or Android device.
Whether you accidentally marked an email as read or simply want to save it for later, marking an email as unread is a simple and effective way to keep track of important messages.
With just a few taps on your screen, you can easily mark emails as unread and ensure that they stay at the top of your inbox until you’re ready to read them.
So, no more scrolling through endless emails to find the one you need – let us show you how to mark emails as unread in the Gmail app.
How To Mark As Unread In Gmail
If you have read an email in your Gmail app but want to keep it as unread for later reference, you can easily mark it as unread.
- Open the Gmail app on your mobile device.
- Find the email you want to mark as unread and swipe left on it.
- Tap the “More” button that appears on the right side of the email.
- From the options that appear, tap “Mark as unread.”
Alternatively, you can also mark an email as unread by opening it and tapping the “Unread” button located in the top right corner of the screen.
It’s important to note that marking an email as unread does not affect the sender or any other recipients.
It simply changes the status of the email on your device.
In addition to marking individual emails as unread, you can also mark all unread emails in your inbox as read.
To do this, go to your inbox and tap the three horizontal lines in the top left corner of the screen.
From the menu that appears, select “Unread” and then tap “Mark all as read.”
By following these simple steps, you can easily mark emails as unread on your Gmail app and keep track of important messages you may need to revisit later.
How To Customize Your Email Settings
Customizing your email settings can help you manage your inbox more efficiently and effectively.
Here are a few tips to help you personalize your Gmail experience:
1. Change Your Email Theme
You can change the look and feel of your inbox by selecting a different theme.
To do this, click on the gear icon in the top right corner of your inbox and select “Themes.”
From there, you can choose from a variety of pre-made themes or create your own.
2. Enable Keyboard Shortcuts
Keyboard shortcuts can help you navigate your inbox more quickly.
To enable them, click on the gear icon in the top right corner of your inbox and select “Settings.”
From there, click on the “Keyboard shortcuts” tab and select “Keyboard shortcuts on” to enable them.
3. Customize Your Inbox Categories
Gmail automatically categorizes your emails into different tabs, such as Primary, Social, and Promotions.
You can customize these categories to better suit your needs.
To do this, click on the gear icon in the top right corner of your inbox and select “Configure inbox.”
From there, you can choose which categories to display and how they are organized.
4. Mark Messages As Unread
Sometimes you may want to mark a message as unread so that you can come back to it later.
To do this, simply click on the message and select “Mark as unread” from the options menu.
By customizing your email settings, you can make your Gmail experience more personalized and efficient.
Try out these tips and see how they work for you!
Troubleshooting Common Issues
App Not Responding
If you are having trouble marking emails as unread in the Gmail app, the first thing to check is whether the app is responding properly
. If the app is not responding, try the following steps:
- Close the app: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and swipe the app off the screen.
- Then, try reopening the app.
- Restart your device: Sometimes, restarting your device can solve issues with the app not responding.
- Update the app: Make sure you have the latest version of the Gmail app installed.
- You can check for updates in the Google Play Store.
If none of these steps solve the issue, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the app.
Keep in mind that uninstalling the app will delete all of your email data from the app, so make sure to back up any important emails before doing so.
Email Not Marking As Unread
If you are trying to mark an email as unread in the Gmail app and it is not working, there are a few things you can try:
- Check your settings: Make sure that your Gmail settings are configured to mark emails as unread when you tap on them.
- To do this, go to Settings > General settings > Mark as read, and select “Always mark as unread.”
- Try a different method: If tapping on an email to mark it as unread is not working, try long-pressing on the email and selecting “Mark as unread” from the menu that appears.
- Check for updates: Make sure you have the latest version of the Gmail app installed
- You can check for updates in the Google Play Store.
If none of these steps solve the issue, you may need to contact Gmail support for further assistance.
If you want to mark an email as unread in the Gmail app, you have a few options.
- One way is to open the message and tap the “Unread” button in the top right corner.
- You can also change your settings to make this action quicker and easier.
- Another option is to select the email and long press on it.
- Then, tap the mail icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- This will mark the email as unread.
- If you want to mark multiple emails as unread at once, you can do so on your computer by selecting the emails and clicking “Mark as unread” in the top menu.
- It’s important to note that you cannot mark all messages as read from the Gmail app.
- You will need to do this on your computer by clicking the “Mark as read” button in the top menu.
By following these steps, you can easily mark emails as unread in the Gmail app and stay on top of your inbox.