Google drive has this feature called “Quick Access” which is also known as suggested, this is designed to suggest the files from the content available in your Google drive storage.
It picks the category of file that you recently opened and presents them in the suggested sections. It is an efficient feature but some users want to “Hide Quick Access” or “suggested” section, so this guide will help you hide the quick access in google drive.
The suggested section goal is to make the work more productive by saving time to showcase the required files on the basis of file opening. Now the major concern is with the privacy of the files where if you share the google drive access with others, they can also see the files whenever you access it.
Now due to the privacy issue, and to prevent the users to access the file, you have to hide or turn off Quick access in Google drive.
To do that follow the guide to understand more about Quick Access in Google Drive, also we will discuss the process for different platforms like Windows, Android, and IOS.
Why To Hide Quick Access In Google Drive
Every user has different reasons to hide the Quick Access feature in google drive but the most common ones are below.
This feature might create problems in a specific situation like when you working in collaboration with your team member, where privacy becomes a major concern cause you are sharing your account with them and they can easily see the homepage of your drive, in that situation it is required to hide the Quick Access View.
How To Hide Quick Access In Google Drive Windows
Below are the steps to remove Quick Access in Google Drive on Windows OS, follow the steps to understand the process.
- Open Google drive in chrome and Sigin with your Google Account.
- Click on the Settings Gear Icon on the top right corner of the Google Drive.
- Select the Settings option from the drop-down list.
- Settings popup window will open.
- Scroll down with the option of suggestion and you will have two option.
- Show suggested files in My Drive
- Show suggested files in Shared with me (page refresh required)
- Uncheck both the checbox option and Click on “Done” button.
- If the suggestion section is still appearing in your Google drive home page then it will take some times to hide.
- You can also use shortcut like CTRL+R to refresh the page to hide the Quick Access.
How To Hide Quick Access In Google Drive IOS Mobile
Below are the steps to follow, to remove the Quick Access in Google Drive IOS, follow the steps to understand the process.
- Open the Google Drive app on your iPhone.
- Tap on “Three” vertical line on the screen and the left side-window will open.
- Select the “Setting” option from the list and click on Quick Access.
- Now tap on the toggle switch button option for “Enable Quick Access“.
How To Remove Suggestions From Google Drive Android
In order to remove the suggestion from google drive for Android, you have to go through the process on Windows PC. Before a couple of updates of Google drive, we use to follow the steps in the smartphone itself and remove the suggestion section easily. But now the google drive app has removed the functionality of removing the suggestions section in the smartphone.
How To Remove File From Quick Access In Google Drive
There are multiple files available in the Quick access section in google drive, you can remove these files from this section by using the following steps:
- Go to the Quick Access section in Google drive.
- Click on the file to remove or delete.
- Right-click on the file and select the Remove option to delete the file.
How To Remove Recent From Google Drive
In the recent section, you will have all the files presented in the grid pattern that you recently opened, it is like a history section for driver files. You can scroll through the section and find the files you opened in the previous month, year, or even a couple of years back. To remove the recent section from Google drive follow the below steps.
- Open Google drive and login with your Google account.
- In the left side of homepage, tap on “Recent” option.
- Now Right-click on the file to delete and click on “Remove” option.
- If you want to delete multiple files then use Shift + Select.
Can people see recent on Google Drive?
Every file and folder that you uploaded in google drive will be private by default unless you share the access with the other users. Once you share the access then they can see the preview of the files that you are accessing at the moment.
And if you make the files public then anyone on the internet can view those files easily.
Remove Google Drive Quick Access History
To clear or remove the Quick Access history, you have to navigate to the recent section of the drive located at the left side panel. In the section, you can simply select the file and by right-click, the option, select the remove option to clear the file.