Learning how to make an announcement channel on Discord is essential to broadcasting an announcement to your Discord community. Managing a large Discord server requires you to post important announcements occasionally.
However, it is understandable that not all members access your server continuously. Fortunately, Discord lets you set up announcement channels, so your updates appear on everyone’s servers. So, how to create it?
The first step is to open Discord. Then, you can choose the community server where you want to create an announcement channel. Then click ‘Create Channel.’ Enter the name of the announcement channel and choose ‘Announcement channel.’ After that, choose the “Create channel” option. As a consequence, you will create an announcement channel on Discord.
Methods To Make An Announcement Channel On Discord
The following are the methods to create a Discord announcement channel.
Method 1: Making An Announcement Channel Through A Mobile App
Creating announcement channels becomes easier if you have Discord’s mobile application installed. Here is how.
- First, you need to access the Discord app.
- After that, choose the hamburger icon at the screen’s top.
- You can choose the desired community server where you want to create your announcement channel.
- Then, click on the plus icon.
- After that, choose the “Announcement Channel” option.
- Click the checkbox on top of the screen to start an announcement channel.
- It will allow you to create as many announcement channels.
Method 2: Making An Announcement Channel Through PC
It is also possible to make an announcement channel through the PC. Here is how.
- First, you have to open the Discord.
- After that, navigate to the community server you prefer.
- Then choose “Create Channel.”
- Choose the “Announcement channel” option and enter its name.
- Click “Create channel” when finished.
Using this method, you can create an announcement channel on a PC.
Benefits Of Making An Announcement Channel On Discord
Managing a large Discord server becomes much easier if you have an announcement channel. The announcement channel is the best place to share important information so that all Discord members can know about it.
You can upload updates to everyone’s server at once by setting up announcement channels. Server administrators and moderators can use announcement channels to notify members of upcoming events.
There are many benefits to creating an announcement channel, and it can be beneficial. Creating community servers does not take much time or effort if you know the proper steps.
There are several features that announcement channels offer that you cannot find in ordinary text channels.
You can make a discord announcement channel on mobile devices or desktops with the help of this article. Remember, however, that Discord only allows community servers to set up announcement channels.
Making an announcement channel is impossible if you do not have a community server. After converting your normal service to a community server, you can create the announcement channel.