If you’re wondering how to hide mutual friends on Facebook, you aren’t the first. Facebook may have attracted your friends or family to the platform for several years. Most of them set up profiles to connect with people, and they formed communities around their interests, which eventually led them to spend more time on the platform.
There are different ways to hide mutual friends on Facebook. One is to alter who can see your friends list. You’ll find this option in the “How People can find and contact you” section of your Privacy settings. And it will provide several options to manage who sees what. Another option is to scroll through your friend list and select “Hide from profile” for those you’d like to keep hidden.
In this guide, we will explain how to hide mutual friends on Facebook on different platforms like WebApp or MobileApp. We discovered that there is no direct option for hiding the mutual friend list, but you can try some methods to solve this issue. Follow the below steps.
Hiding Mutual Friends on Facebook WebApp
- Open Facebook.com and log in with your credentials.
- Go to Settings & Privacy and tap on the “Settings” option.
- Select the “Privacy” option in the left side panel.
- Now scroll down to the “How People can find and contact you” section.
- And click “Edit” on the “Who can see your friend’s list” option:
- Friends Except.
- Specific Friends.
- Only Me.
- Close Friend.
- Select the “Only Me” option from the list. This option will hide your friend list from everybody on the platform.
Note: Facebook provides you the option to hide the friend list from everybody. However, the right way to hide your mutual friends completely is to request your friends to also hide their friend lists using the same method above.
Hide Mutual Friend List On Facebook Android App
- Go to the Facebook app and log in with your credentials.
- Tap the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and click on “Settings and Privacy” and then select the “Settings” option.
- Again scroll down to “Your Facebook Information” and select “Activity log.”
- Scroll down, tap “Connections,” and select the “Added friends” option.
- Now under Connections, you have all the friend requests that you accepted.
- Click on the three dots of any entries and then select the “Hide from profile” option. By doing this, they will disappear from the timeline and from the mutual friend list.
- Repeat this process for every entry in the list.
There are several reasons why someone would want to hide their list of friends from the public. Some even prefer to keep that list hidden from their Facebook friends. Whatever the reason, following our above guide will help you hide mutual friends on Facebook in a cinch.
Why Can’t I See Some of My Mutual Facebook friends?
Sometimes you share mutual friends with other users on Facebook, but the number doesn’t show up correctly.
For example, you have 8 mutual friends with some other profile, but it only shows 4 of them. Why?
That is the number of mutual friends included in the mutual friend list. Some of them might have a disabled account.
Or, suppose the user’s friend list is hidden, and your mutual friend of that profile has also hidden their full friend list. In this case, you will not be able to see your mutual friend even if you have them.
Can Block Users Be Seen As Mutual Friends on Facebook?
So whenever you block someone on Facebook, the platform will completely forbid and lock them out of your Facebook zone, which means that the blocked user cannot see your Facebook profile. They will not be able to access it or send a friend request to your profile anymore.
They cannot see your comments on your posts or share content, and they will never show up as a mutual friend.