Do you ever get distracted before posting something on Facebook, then wonder if you can find saved drafts on Facebook? If you didn’t know, Facebook lets you save your posts as a draft.
The retrieval of saved drafts on your profile, a Page, or the Marketplace differs. If it’s a post to your Facebook profile, simply “Save draft” before closing. When you return, tap on “What’s on your mind” at the top of your feed, and the saved draft will reappear. iOS devices only save one draft at a time for one day. However, Android devices save three drafts for three days.
Sometimes, users face the problem where they can’t find their saved drafts, especially when they don’t have clear steps and instructions. That’s why we compiled a simple guide to locate this feature on different platforms like WebApp and Mobile App.
So, let’s get stuck in.
How to Find Saved Drafts on Facebook WebApp
The Facebook web app and mobile app both have different ways to access the draft section. Also, in the Facebook WebApp, only your managed pages can create drafts and not your profile. Now follow the below steps:
- Go to Facebook.com on the browser and log in.
- Create a post by typing or uploading, and after you close the post window, you can tap any option on the screen.
- Facebook will create a prompt window asking whether you want to “Keep Editing” or “Leave” the page. Select any of the options.
- If you do select “Keep Editing,” your post will still be intact on the home screen, which means you can still edit and publish the post.
- Your draft will be saved under the page section. These drafts can be edited or read by the page admins or editors only.
- Go to the “Page” section located on the left side of the screen. All your pages will be displayed.
- Select the page, and go to “Publishing tools” from the menu.
- Click on “Drafts” under the Posts section.
- Click on the “Create” button on the top-right side, and you will be able to create the draft for the page.
- Now, select the draft and tap on the “Action” button to change the option from:
- Publish – Schedule – Backdate – Delete
- So, this is how you can access your draft posts on your Facebook page.
As you can see from the options, you can create drafts of multiple posts and then schedule them to be published in the future.
How to Find Saved Drafts on Facebook Android Mobile App
- Open the Facebook app on your smartphone.
- Click “Write something here…” and press the “Back” button.
- A pop-up window will open. Select the “Save as draft” option.
- Now the Facebook app will send you a notification like “Your draft was saved“.
- Alternatively, you can also select the latest saved draft or previous draft in the notification panel of the app.
- Tap on the notification, and it will open the list of drafts.
- As you can see in the screenshot, you can access the drafts you saved in the previous three days. After three days, they will be discarded.
- Tap on the three dots of any draft, and you will have the two options:
- Discard Draft.
- Open Draft.
- From here, you can easily continue to the draft post and publish it.
Finding Saved Drafts on Facebook iOS Mobile App
- Open the Facebook app on an iOS device.
- Create the post and tap on the “Cancel” button located at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Now a pop-up message will open. Select the “Save Draft” option.
- You will get a notification of the draft saving on the screen itself.
- Now to open the draft post, simply tap on the “What’s on your mind” section.
- On an iOS device, you can only save the last post as a draft and one draft at a time, which is the downside of iOS over Android. With Android, you can save multiple drafts for up to three days.
- So, this is how you save drafts on iOS devices.
Finding Saved Draft Items on the Facebook Marketplace
Facebook Marketplace is a section on the platform where users list items for sale in the local market. You can also save the items on sale in the saved section so that you can revisit that item in the future to buy it. The steps are few to locate the item. Just follow below:
- Go to the Facebook.com WebApp.
- Select the “Saved” option in the left menu.
- Now click on “Saved Items” to filter the items you saved from the marketplace.
Also, Find the Scheduled Posts…
This feature usually works on Facebook pages. It allows you to schedule a post, and it will save it as a draft. If you own the page and you are the admin or have editor privileges, then only you will be able to schedule the posts or edit the saved ones.
Find on Facebook WebApp
- Check for the scheduled posts on the WebApp. You can use any web browser to open the Facebook WebApp.
- Now on the left side of the WebApp, click on the page tab in the panel.
- You will see all the pages you own or manage on the platform.
- Simply click on the Facebook page for which you want to schedule the post.
- Now the selected Facebook page will open. Tap the “Publishing Tools” option under “Manage Page” on the left menu.
- The next screen will show up with all the posts published on the page. On the left side, click on “Scheduled Posts” from the left column.
- Now you will be able to see all the posts that are scheduled for later posting.
- Click on the post to see the preview.
- There is also an “action” button on the preview. You can click on it, and you will see options like Publish, Reschedule, Cancel Schedule, Backdate, Delete, and Create Ads.
- If there is no scheduled post on the page, you will see the above message.
With the above guide, you can retrieve your saved draft posts on your Facebook profile, Page, and in the Marketplace. However, it’s crucial that you save your draft message to ensure you can use it later. With this in mind, it’s super easy to find saved drafts on Facebook if you know where to look.
I Saved a Draft Post on My Personal Facebook Profile. Where Can I Find It?
A short way to find your draft posts fast is to make a new Facebook post and save it as a draft. As soon as your draft is saved, you will get a notification. Now, remember not to remove that notification from the notification panel. Just tap on the notification, and then you will be redirected to your draft list.
Why Can’t I Find My Saved Drafts on Facebook?
Facebook does not contain a direct option or section for the user’s profile drafts on the Facebook WebApp. Previously Facebook would let their users save drafts even for their personal profiles, but now they don’t.
The only way to save drafts on Facebook is to use the page that you own or manage as an admin.