Do you use Facebook or any other social media platform for connecting with people and consuming various formats of content?
If “Yes” then you should know that Facebook is one of the biggest social media platforms to have an audience of around 2.75 billion monthly active users, but sometimes the experience is not that smooth and contain some errors with bugs.
One of these bugs you can experience is “Attachment Unavailable” it could be the programming bugs and some configuration, which you can find for the attached image and video hosted in a group or messenger.
If this happens it is very obvious that not all profiles in the group list are in the friend’s list each other, now there are things we can do to fix this error.
How To Fix Facebook Attachment Unavailable Error
Method #1: Set To Public Sharing
In this method, we will set the privacy setting of the post to Public, do before this you share any image, follow the below steps:
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Create the post by typing or uploading anything.
- Select the New Feed or Your Story option.
- Click on the Globe Icon.
- On the Right side, the Drop-down menu will open.
- Select the Public option.
Method #2: Directly Upload To The Group
In this method, we will directly share the post by uploading it to the group instead of Sharing the link. Below are the steps to follow:
- Go to the Facebook Dashboard.
- On the Left Sidebar, Click on the Groups Option.
- Select the Group, Create the Post.
- Click On the Upload Photo/Video icon. Set the privacy to Public.
- Upload it and share.
Method #3: Change Image Security Setting
Sometimes pictures have this blocked setting applied which might not make the picture shareable. Below is the step to change it:
- Download the copy of the image on your computer.
- Now Right Click on the image/video, and select the Properties.
- In the security section of the window, you will see the Unblock option.
- Check Unblock, then click on Apply and Ok.
Method #4: Change the Privacy To Public
To Change your Privacy setting to Public surely going to fix Facebook Attachment unavailable error quickly, now as you change this setting, everyone on Facebook can see your posts. Below are the steps to follow:
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Click on Setting and Privacy, then Click on Setting.
- Now select Privacy.
- Under the Privacy section, you will see Your Activity > Who can see your future posts, Select on Edit.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Public option.
Fix Facebook Messenger Attachment Won’t Download For App
Another issue that Facebook users face receiving links and attachments in messenger. When someone sends you some attachment, it could be an image/document or video, the messenger will show the text like sent a link / sent an attachment without any file attached. You have to change some settings of the messenger app on your phone.
Below are the steps you need to follow:
- Locate your Messenger App on your phone, tap and hold the app icon, then select App info.
- Click on Data Usage, Toggle on the Background Data option (which enables usage of mobile data in the background).
- Toggle on the unrestricted data usage.
- Now Open the Battery option and tap on the Battery optimization, drop-down list will open the non-optimized app, Switch it to All apps.
- Make sure that the Messenger toggle is OFF.
- Now on the App info screen and Tap on Permission, toggle on all permission.
- Tap on the Force stop button to restart the app.
- Reboot the device.
Why you can’t open the Facebook attachments on the Phone?
The attachment you are looking for may be removed by the person who shared it or the file might do not have permission to be shared publicly.
Whenever you share something, you might have to provide permission to the file in the setting to be shared publicly.
How to download the messenger attachment if available?
In order to download the file, just simply click the file that has the attachment and it will start downloading.
Another thing is if you are using mobile messenger then just tap on the attachment then you will see the in the lower right corner of the screen and choose the option and save the image.
Comment Down Your Queries