The Instagram user tends to use the platform due to its wide variety of posts that you constantly scroll through the feed, you like the content cause it’s completely personalized and curated according to your needs and interest.
As you scroll through the Instagram feed get an update with new content automatically which is perfectly working all the time.
But sometimes when you look for a new post and scroll down to refresh the feed Instagram gives this couldn’t refresh feed message, due to this you might not able to access Instagram for some time.
In this piece of content, we will discuss what you can do to get over the error message. Below are the steps you can follow in order to solve the issue.
Fixing Instagram Couldn’t Refresh Feed Error
What is a Couldn’t Refresh Feed Error?
Whenever we want to solve a problem, we always look for the root cause to use the right tools to easily tackle it.
So to tackle the “Couldn’t Refresh Feed” Instagram error message on the Instagram app, we need the exact reason for solving the error message.
Cause of the error:
- May the internet is not working correctly on the device.
- You need to update the Instagram app from Store.
- Sometimes error cause is due to the use of VPN or DNS (Domain Name System)
- Network Mobile data is limited.
#Usage of the third-party app
#Wrong Date and Time
So, How We Can Solve The Issue Of These problems.
1. Internet Connection Problem
- Most of the time the main issue of this problem is the internet connection, whenever you face this problem immediately check the internet connection by troubleshooting.
- Make sure that your Mobile or Wi-Fi is properly connected, sometimes due to the weak internet connection Instagram show this kind of error on the screen.
- So try to browse a video or a page in the browser for testing purposes, if the video or page is kept on loading this is the cause of a weak signal.
- Try to use Instagram later if you can or switch between the mobile data or Wi-Fi data to better speed.
- Internet data limit is the technique to put the data on limitation, if you frequently face this issue then it is due to the data limit, as you consume the data of the time period, the internet connection gets limited automatically.
- Multiple networks are connected when multiple connections get on the network they consume some data bandwidth and hence the connection gets slow over time due to which Instagram shows the error.
2. Signing out of the Instagram app
Signing out of the Instagram account and then logging back with your account in the Chrome browser could be the solution to the problem. Try logging out from the Instagram app.
- Open Instagram on the smartphone and Tap on the profile icon on the right bottom corner of the screen.
- You will be on Profile Page.
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner then tap on the “Setting” options.
- Click on the Logout button.
- Now Login back into the Chrome browser and use Instagram for at least 10 minutes.
- Again sign in to the Instagram app, the error should be gone.
3. Update the App
Sometimes the error occurs due to the outdated app version of Instagram or maybe some policy change, so it becomes important to update the app.
You can also browse the web app of Instagram and then check if there are policy changes.
4. Automatic Data and Time
Simply set the date and time to automatic, when users modify data and time, they need to switch to the custom option, so set it back to automatic again.
Cause we know the incorrect date and time can significantly affect the feed from loading the content.
Below are the steps to set the date and time to automatic in:
- Navigate to Settings.
- Scroll down and Select system > Date & time option.
- Then Turn on the Automatic date & time.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Scroll down and select the General.
- In the General Setting, tap on Data & time.
- Set it to automatic.
Your present date and time will get updated one more.
4. Try Some Other Device
Try out some other devices for testing purposes. Use Instagram on a phone, tablet, or even on a PC. Test if the error persists in the PC operating system.
Also, Facebook allows Instagram users to use the creator studio in order to upload any content or surf the feed. You have to have a business account to use the creator studio.
5. Enabling Background Data
Sometimes Instagram creates problems when the background data is not enabled in the app’s settings.
If you don’t allow the background data use for Instagram Instagram does not able to fetch the data properly in the background enhance create errors in the feed.
Follow The below steps to complete the process:
- Go to Settings.
- Select the apps and notification option.
- Scroll down and select the Instagram app.
- Tap on the Data usage option.
- Enable the Background Data option by clicking on the toggle button.
6. Reset Access Point Name
In this method, we will reset the access point name in order to make sure that the Instagram app internet access point for the seamless feed loading.
Follow The below steps to reset the points:
- Go to Settings.
- Select the Network and Internet option.
- Click on Mobile Network.
- Scroll down you will find an option called Access Point Names.
- Click on the Access Point Name option.
- Tap on three dots on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on Reset to default.
7. Multiple Hashtag Error
Several users complained about the “couldn’t refresh feed” error due to the double hashtags created by others people in the comment section.
Like some inappropriate symbol or double tags that make the app dis-function. In order to make this thing function, you need to log in through another device and delete the tag or comment.
8. Remove Cookies and Cache data
- Navigate to the Setting.
- Then Go to the Apps list and select Instagram.
- Clear the “Cache data” of the app.
- Check out if you see the ‘Couldn’t refresh feed’ error message.
9. Report to Instagram
When all these options are not able to solve the issue, report the bug to Instagram, this bug can only be solved by the developer. Below are the steps to the same.
- Go to the Instagram app in Play Store.
- Then Go to Review.
- Click on the Document Icon.
- Tap on Report the Problem.
Now you can create or write an email to the developer describing your problem and they will get in touch to resolve the issue.
How Do I Know if My Instagram Was Banned or Blocked?
Instagram does not people know that are blocked or banned with an official notification or something.
But there are some different ways through which you can detect.
1. You can simply ask your friend for checking your username on the platform, they are not able to find your account through your username, then it is sure Instagram banned you.
2. If you are having an error in community guidelines, then you might be banned.
3. If you tried the method stated above but still getting errors, you might be banned
Done, Comment below if you have questions!