Are you wondering how to export your Google Calendar data to Excel? Google Calendar is a popular tool for tracking day-to-day events. Almost every Android user uses it to track events and set up aspects like reminders, repeat events, etc.
When Google Calendar users want to view their schedule in a presentable way they can exporting calendar data into an Excel sheet. To do this, you’ll need to export your Google Calendar to a Zipped folder. Next, you’ll extract the ICS file from this folder and convert it to a CSV file. You can then import the CSV file into Excel to view the data.
One of the most daunting tasks is analyzing events in Google Calendar. Exporting the data is the right thing to do because Google does not allow you to keep and maintain the calendar data for a long time. The calendar will remove your events and records after a certain period.
Follow the below steps to successfully import and export the file from Google calendar.
Steps to Export Your Google Calendar Data to Excel
#1. Export Google Calendar File
- Open Google Calendar and log in with your Google account credentials.
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the “Settings” option from the list.
- Select the “Import & export” option in the left panel of the screen.
- Click the “Export” button to export the calendar into a zip file.
- Now the Zip file will download. Extract it to have the ICS file.
#2. Convert Google Calendar ICS Into Excel CSV File
Fortunately, you can export Google Calendar data into an ICS file and do this for multiple calendars in your Google account. However, an ICS file is not compatible with the Excel file format. So, after downloading the ICS file from the calendar, you must convert that file into a CSV file.
- Go to the free Indigoblue tool to convert the ICS file into CSV.
- Click on “Choose file” to select the file from your computer.
- Select the format like “MM/DD/YYYY” and date&time.
- Scroll down and select the columns you want in the excel sheet.
- Click on “Convert to CSV.”
- Now the CSV file will start downloading.
#3. Import the CSV File into Excel
- Open Google search and type “Excel“.
- Open the office.live excel option and log in with your Microsoft account credentials.
- Select the Excel app from office pack of Microsoft.
- Click “upload and open” in the Excel dashboard.
- Now upload the CSV file from the upload window. Click to open the file.
- The Excel sheet will open in a new window with all the data imported from your Google Calendar.
Viewing your schedule in an Excel spreadsheet affords you so many more options for ease of organization and storing of data. It’s also a much simpler, more concise way to view your upcoming appointments. If you prefer, you can upload the Excel sheet to a Google Sheet or save the info in a Google Doc table. Executing the export may seem like a roundabout process. But it’s actually super easy to export your Google Calendar data to Excel if you follow the 3 easy steps above.
Can I link My Google Calendar to Excel?
Yes, you can integrate or link Google calendar with Excel for the required purpose using tools like Zapier or automate.io. However, these are freemium tools, which means you can use them for free up to a certain task limit. Like in Zapier, you can use the integration for 100 tasks/month.
These tools allow you to automate the process without using a single line of code. Otherwise, to link them, we have created code based on the compatibility of the two web apps.
Without these third-party tools, you cannot link Google Calendar to Excel.