If you’ve input the wrong date of birth on your YouTube account, you might want to know how to change your age on YouTube. YouTube receives billions of visits monthly, making it the world’s most popular social media platform. This platform offers easy access to all videos and a user-friendly interface. The only drawback is that age restrictions are pretty strict. Due to this, you might want to change your age on YouTube. But how to do so?
Log in with your YouTube account first, then click on your profile picture. Open your account by clicking “Sign in.” Afterward, you must choose your email address and the “Your info” section. After that, choose “Birthday” along with the edit icon. You need to update your birthday information here. When you have changed the birthday, press “Update.” After that, YouTube will now display your new age.
How To Change Your Age On YouTube
The following are methods for changing your age on YouTube:
Method 1: Changing Age On YouTube Through PC
- First, you have to access YouTube.com.
- Open your account by clicking “Sign in.”
- After signing in, click the picture of your profile. Your profile picture should appear on the side of your browser window. By clicking it, a dialog box will appear.
- After that, you have to select your email address.
- Then, press the “Your info” option.
- Next, select “Birthday.”
- Select the edit icon. You will find the edit icon at the side of the birthday information.
- Here, you will have to update your birthday information.
- After changing the birthday, select the “Update” button.
- To confirm, click the “Confirm” button.
You will now see your new age on YouTube.
Method 2: Changing Age On YouTube Through Smartphone
Here is how you change your Age on YouTube via smartphone.
- First, open your desired web browser app.
- After that, visit your Google account.
- After that, choose “Sign in” and use your credentials to access your account.
- After opening your account, go to the menu.
- Then, select “Profile.”
- After that, click “About.”
- Then access the “Birthday, gender, and more” option.
- Next, you need to choose the “edit” option.
- Click the info icon.
- Click on “My Account.”
- Now, the edit icon will appear. Click on it.
- From there, you can update your date of birth.
- After updating your age, click “update.”
- Then choose “Confirm.”
You have now changed your YouTube age.
YouTube is stringent when it comes to age restrictions. YouTube might not allow you to view the content you want if you are under the required age. Changing your YouTube age is an ideal solution in this case.
For instance, you could change your age on YouTube if you entered the wrong age by accident or if you have trouble viewing videos due to age restrictions and need help.
However, it’s best not to let your kids watch YouTube videos without age restrictions. Or you can give them access to YouTube videos. YouTube Kids is a great way to let your kids watch YouTube specially designed for them.